Saturday, February 18, 2017

Refurbishing My Homemade Pool 3

I found this old image of our little pool in its most decrepit state, long after a raccoon had decimated our population of giant goldfish. Below is one of the pool when it is almost ready to plaster.
I used an angle grinder to remove the Drylok Sealer. It was a awful, dusty job but neither paint remover nor the little sandblasting tool worked well enough.
I am currently plastering with a mix of one part Portland cement to two parts Quikrete Play Sand. I'm wetting it with one part water, one part Pro Select Concrete Bonding Adhesive and Acrylic Fortifier -- all purchased at Lowes.