Friday, November 20, 2009

papercrete gazebo structure with latex cement umbrella roof


So the neighbor was setting up her patio umbrella to sell at her yard sale and somehow broke the shaft.
And I kept thinking that, coated with latex cement (the same stuff with which I made the fly screen skirting for our mobile home as described in an earlier post) it would make a great dome-like roof for a small gazebo.
And so I gave her $5 for her broken umbrella and added a papercrete gazebo to my ever-growing "to do" list.
Naturally, I didn't photograph the umbrella before I coated it, but here it is after a couple of coats of latex cement.

1 comment:

  1. I've been searching for a supplier that has latex in liquid or powder form. I was wondering where do you purchase your latex and what is the brand name?

    ReplyDelete