More work on the bathroom



Continuing work on the little bathroom.
These are my first efforts to use joint compound to texture the walls. I first attempted to sculpt the exposed bricks using joint compound, but just couldn't get it right. So I made little flat "bricks" using Paperclay and stuck them to the wall with construction glue, then pressed joint compound with a little sand mixed in between them for "mortar." Then I used joint compound around them. I like the look. I'm priming the wallboard with Well's Plaster Weld prior to troweling on the joint compound. The turquoise is a little bolder than I expected. You can see a little violet worked in, and maybe some of the metallic gold highlight.I was thinking of the desert or at least the west -- of turquoise and terracotta -- but I think I'm getting the ocean.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drip Irrigation Experiment 2

Drip Irrigation Experiment 3

Improvised Shelves for our Frigidaire Refrigerator