So...some of my earlier papercrete efforts haven't weathered well and I've decided to refinish them using sturdier mortar. This is easily done by attaching some hardware cloth over the area. These new faces are made with mortar that includes sand, powdered clay, builder's lime, Portland cement, and a dollop of asphalt emulsion.This mix feels like clay and seems to hold up well.

Old papercrete faces attached to gazebo structure haven't weather well..
These old papercrete faces haven't weathered well.
Fasten hardware cloth over the old.

This mortar mix is quite workable -- feels like clay.

This mortar recipe has held up well in other places.




Comments

  1. These are gorgeous! I'd love to be able to make some sculpture for my backyard, could I trouble you to share the newer recipe? I was going to try the older version but worried about it not weathering well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Drip Irrigation Experiment 2

Drip Irrigation Experiment 3

Improvised Shelves for our Frigidaire Refrigerator